Creative Alternatives To A Typical Bachelorette Party
One of the best things that comes along with getting married is all of the opportunities surrounding a wedding to get together with family and friends. A bachelorette is one of those occasions, and a sweet opportunity to let loose and hang out with your closest female friends. Bachelorette parties tend to take a similar form, but not everyone wants to go to the bar and drink, or be paraded around town in a floppy veil and pink sash for everyone to see that you're a bride-to-be. Luckily for you, bachelorette parties don't have to be like that and they're certainly not a one-size-fits-all formula. If a typical bachelor party is really not your idea of a good time, make sure your bridesmaids know that in advance. We’ve gathered somebachelorette party plans that think outside the box - hopefully one of these ideas fits your personality and your idea of a good time! If so, pass the suggestion along to your bridesmaids and get ready to have a great time.
Creative Bachelorette Party Ideas:
- A spa day where you and your best girls are pampered and primped. Whether you just go for manicures and pedicures or a full-day spa session is totally up to you.
- Get active! There are plenty of ways to bond with your girlfriends while getting moving like playing paintball, rock climbing, or going for a hike.
- Take your bachelorette party to the extreme by getting your adrenaline pumping skydiving, zip lining, or bungee jumping with your girlfriends.
- Plan a classic backyard pool party, complete with inflatable toys, drinks with tiny umbrellas, beach balls, sun hats and - best of all - your closest girlfriends.
- Skip the planning and hit up an event that is happening locally, or in a nearby town. A music festival or county fair can be a pretty great time when you’re surrounded by good company.
- Get dolled up and take in a wine tasting or tour a nearby vineyard.
- Get your bridesmaids to organize a scavenger hunt - it’s a great way to explore local treasures, have fun, and engage in a little healthy competition.
- Have an old-school slumber party. Pajamas are mandatory, so are soda and snacks and your favorite middle-school movies.
- Do a tour of all of your favorites. Start with coffee at your favorite café, peruse your favorite shopping destination, have dinner at your favorite restaurant, and finish by watching your favorite movie at home. It's a great way for your bridesmaids to get to know you each other and what you love best!